Sara's Invitations

Monday 25 March 2013 0 responses

The other day, the postman left one of those notices that a piece of registered mail that had to be signed for was to be picked up at the post office. I was concerned because I found this out from my wife while I was out of town on an important business trip. The problem was that she was also leaving that evening to see her mother, who wasn't doing very well. She received a call from her sister asking her to come there, just in case. It was evident that I would have to sweat out wondering if it was the contract from my biggest client that I have been expecting. I was tempted to call him, but decided I didn't want to seem to desperate. I didn't have the remotest idea when my wife would return and I had three days to go before I could get to the post office. I was having the toughest time attempting to be patient. Fortunately, my mother-in-law improved and my wife was able to go home the next day. She immediately went to the post office and signed for the mail. It turned out to be one of my niece's wedding invitations. My wife called Sara and asked why she sent out her invitation registered mail. She said that the entrees at the wedding were so expensive that she wanted to be positive about the headcount. I'm still on pins and needles regarding my contract.

0 responses: to “ Sara's Invitations so far...