The Big Event

Saturday 16 March 2013 0 responses

The big day was swiftly approaching. The entire building where I work was buzzing like a million yellow jackets. Management was laying it all on the line. All of us employees were lectured a hundred times as to how vital, important and critical this conference was to the very survival of our company. Everything had to be done to perfection. We had a zero tolerance law in effect. One little faux pas could take us all down. It was at this point I was able to score the most points ever with my superiors. I fortunately was paying attention to my ten-year-old nephew while having dinner at my sister's home the other night. He was going on about how these big companies implement the latest in event management software to not only reduce the tedious segments of planning events, but also serve as a monitor of the various elements of the process. I jumped at the opportunity to not only present this to the brass, but I also related the where's, who's and how's that I learned from my nephew. I couldn't believe how well received my ideas were. I was offered a promotion on the spot. I don't know how far something like this is going to take my career. I will tell you one thing I know for sure. Some ten-year-old boy is going to have the spiffiest mountain bike in the neighborhood real soon. My wife advised me that I had better run it by my sister first.

0 responses: to “ The Big Event so far...