A Green World

Thursday 28 March 2013 0 responses

My six-year-old granddaughter tugged on my arm the other day and said "Grandpa could I ask you a question?" I said "Leave me alone kid. You're bothering me." She expects me to tease her that way and totally ignores my request. When I dropped the teasing and asked her what she had on her mind, she said "I'm confused." She wanted to know why every time there is a story about the astronauts or outer space, the Earth is called the "Blue Planet." I told her it was because it was blue from outer space. Then she scratched her head and wanted to know why we keep asking people to keep it green. She said if we make it green, we should call it the "Green Planet." I tried to change the subject by asking her whether the chicken or the egg came first. It got worse. When I finally explained to her what we meant by green she said now I understand why the story on TV was talking about green printing. She went on about how green really meant clean to her. I don't know what I'm going to tell her when the good old birds and bees subject comes up.

0 responses: to “ A Green World so far...