MITI’S LITTLE WORLD

Sunday 19 August 2007 8 responses








TRIPS TO THE LIBRARY
FILLED WITH DR. SEUSS AND STAR WARS
ALWAYS IN A HURRY
RIDING BIKES NO HANDS ON THE BARS

DIGGING IN THE SAND
BUILDING CASTLES AND MOATS
ITS THE SAME LIL HAND
THAT FILLS THE HOUSE WITH PIANO NOTES

WATCHING TV SHOWS
NODDING HIS HEAD IN RAPT ATTENTION
PLAYING WITH LEGOS
CREATING THE NEXT INVENTION

MY SWEET MITI
LET YOUR INNER CHILD FOREVER BE!



© Lakshmi Mareddy 2007


About
A technical writer by profession, books have been my constant companion. I get to choose between humour, whodunits and historicals. As a logical extension, I also love movies... I enjoy traveling and finding out little bit of interesting useful trivia about places, people, products. I believe that every human has a social right of not listening to bores, and secretly pray that I never become a bore myself. I dabble in a lot of interests – Website Design, Numerology, Writing, Astrology. Mostly I like to figure out what makes a person or product tick. As a result, I have peeked under the hood of Wordpress CMS a lot. [Like what I see there '-)] I am an idea person. Its ideas that give direction to a thought and doing that shapes the thought.. Once I figure something out, I promptly lose interest..

My favourite Quote: Why is it that when you pray to God, its praying, but when GOD talks back, you are mad?


Lakshmi Mareddy

Visit Lakshmi at her blog Chilligavva

8 responses: to “ MITI’S LITTLE WORLD so far...

  • Kim 19.8.07
     

    Lakshmi's poem of her son....Miti....conveys an atmosphere of exciting and carefree adventures of childhood.
    Thank you Lakshmi for your wonderful contribution ...:)

  • HDReader 21.8.07
     

    Terrific stuff that remind us all of our childhood (or that of others or our own kids that we observe with greast relish). What fun!! Ahh...and they sometimes say "if only life were lived backwards, eh?" But then again, stuff like this would appear to us as prospective, not reflective, and I wonder what that would do to it(?).

  • Kim 21.8.07
     

    ahhh .... :)yes an interesting perspective HD....

  • Anonymous 21.8.07
     

    Beautiful poem. Very free and uplifting.

    I love listening to my fiancé's childhood stories. You always hear that you are to remain as a child in heart and I've never seen anyone do it so well as she has.

    Thanks for sharing.

  • Lakshmi Mareddy 22.8.07
     

    Wow Kim, here I am, a few days later and I am very flattered by the comments I read here. And honored too. Thanks for carrying my poem.
    And Thank you hdreader, and bodygreeneart for your positive feedback. :)

    I am now inspired to churn out a few more..

  • Kim 22.8.07
     

    that's great Lakshmi...
    you're more than welcome to contribute them here :-) if you wish....

  • Anonymous 24.8.07
     

    Hi Kim, Lakshmi;

    What a great reminder of childhood. Lego's were always a creative favorite with my boys. The things they would come up with!

    Nice poem Lakshmi! Take care.
    Anna

  • Kim 24.8.07
     

    hi Boyd
    that's wonderful that you have someone to revisit childhood with...I bet she enjoys listening to your ....always ...very absorbing vignettes of your childhood :)

    ahh yes Anna
    Lego memories !!!....cleaning them away was always a big job.....still I'd happily go back to those days....cleaning the 17 year old son's bedroom is a much bigger job nowadays :-D