I nEEd a tiTLE

Wednesday 15 August 2007 6 responses





satin
needles
and
plenty of
hours
shimmering
changing
the
light
hidden in garages
in
forgotten
cupboards
and drawers
pink pearl silver
and
white
I remember
my grandfather
stitching sequins
onto
tutus
many years
ago

artwork The Dancer (Kim Barker)

6 responses: to “ I nEEd a tiTLE so far...

  • Anonymous 16.8.07
     

    The Making of Fond Memories

    Kim, I love the painting and the poem. Only a ballerina could paint one so well.

  • Kim 16.8.07
     

    Great title Boyd !!!!
    I have many memories of my ballet "past"....and this poem reflects a particularly fond memory of us on the Eisteddfod "road" and the image of my Grandfather ....(sewing the tiny sequins on to our tutus).....is still imprinted in my mind.....
    thank you for your comment :)

  • Anonymous 22.8.07
     

    Then, still ... :)

  • Kim 22.8.07
     

    Very interesting Edrei....
    I like the juxtaposition... :)
    quite provocative !!!

  • Anonymous 26.8.07
     

    Memories Dance in my Mind like Pearls.

  • Kim 26.8.07
     

    that's beautiful Jani.....
    thank you :)