The amazing Art of Bernard Buffet

Friday 31 October 2008 16 responses

( 1928 - 1999 )



Affiche de l'exposition "La mort"
Galerie Maurice Garnier (2000)




"Painting, we do not talk about it,
we do not analyse it,
we feel it."


Bernard Buffet



" Entered in painting as we got in religion,
he found a land of refuge, his workshop.
What from anxiety or serenity will keep him compagny ?
Again, a useless questions ...
We always talk too much "

Annabel Buffet - 1984


signatures
Source: Bernard Buffet

16 responses: to “ The amazing Art of Bernard Buffet so far...

  • S. A. Hart 31.10.08
     

    Interesting illustration. Thanks for introducing me to this artist.

  • Kim 31.10.08
     

    hi Sharon..
    I cannot take the credit here...
    it was my friend Jan the Poet who introduced me to this amazing Artist :)

  • Anonymous 31.10.08
     

    There are some paintings that looks simple but yet it's very valuable. That is why art works are not meant to analyze but to feel its mood

    Bobby
    Make Homemade Fragrances

  • Kim 31.10.08
     

    very true Bobby...
    a lot of people think that art needs to be explained ...
    it should be enjoyed for its visual presence :)

  • Jackie 1.11.08
     

    I have always enjoyed art a little on the dark side. Which is definitely hard to tell by the subjects I choose to shoot.

    But, edgy and/or Gothic has always been of great interest to me.

    This is fabulous!!

  • Kim 1.11.08
     

    hi Jackie...
    yes fascinating work isn't it...
    maybe it's your other side calling out to you ....I think a lot of artists feel tempted to lash out and paint their inner selves which was obviously the case with Bernard Buffet...
    his clowns would appeal to you too Jackie :)

  • ESCUDERO 1.11.08
     

    Love that piece! Take care

  • Anonymous 1.11.08
     

    I love his art...

    Take a look at one of his paintings http://museebernardbuffet.com/portraits/buffetautoportrait06.html

  • Kim 1.11.08
     

    it reminds me of your work Veronica...
    but I like yours more ;)
    have a great day :))

    thanks for the link Shon...
    incredible SP ...
    so revealing...I'm a huge fan ..thanks to my friend the poet who inroduced me to his work :)

  • Mariuca 2.11.08
     

    Oh congrats to Boyd!! I wonder when it will be my avatar at ur TC he he! ;)

  • Anonymous 2.11.08
     

    Very spooky for Halloween!
    As a fan of calligraphy - I love his signature - matches the mood of the painting!

  • Kim 2.11.08
     

    hehe Mariuca..
    I have a feeling it won't be long....:)
    have a lovely Sunday :)

    did you check out his signature page Diane?
    absolutely incredible...he has so many different ones..
    I was really taken with his signature too...very spooky!!

  • Mariuca 2.11.08
     

    Enjoy the rest of your weekend Kim. It's a nice Sunday afternoon here, so am tying up some loose ends before the new week. Hugs! :)

  • Kim 2.11.08
     

    hugs to you too Mariuca....
    have a lovely evening :)
    gosh the week has gone fast....
    eek I just noticed the colour of my comment boxes ..will have to change those to match the new look :0

  • ♥ Braja 17.11.08
     

    Kim, I read on your bio that you liked Babette's Feast...I saw that movie perhaps 15 yrs ago (could it be that long?!) and remember every detail of it; something else in common :)

  • Kim 18.11.08
     

    thanks for calling by Braja
    I think I've watched Babette's feast about 3 times and I remember all of the details too lol...
    amazing film wasn't it !!!
    I could watch it again :)