A Significant Day for Australia

Wednesday 13 February 2008 4 responses

WITH just 361 words, the Federal Parliament will today seek to heal the hurt caused by past decades of state-sponsored ill-treatment of all indigenous Australians - not just those forcibly removed as children from their families.

More than 10 years since the story of the stolen generations was told in the Bringing Them Home report, the declaration of the apology will usher in a new era of recognition and reconciliation between indigenous and non-indigenous Australia.

Read the full story here:

For the pain and suffering, we apologise

Phillip Coorey and Stephanie Peatling



Kim's signature

4 responses: to “ A Significant Day for Australia so far...

  • BoydGreeneArt 13.2.08
     

    Quite a great day indeed!!! Thanks for sharing.

  • Kim 13.2.08
     

    thanks for calling by Boyd..
    I imagine your schedule must be very busy :)
    this day has been a long time coming ...and finally there will be closure and resolution for our indigeneous Australians ...

  • Anonymous 14.2.08
     

    Kim I've been looking at Technorati for similar posts regarding this resolution and I'll be dipped. I only found a scant few there. Heck, I've gotten more information regarding this thing in my Google reader than what I've seen on Technorati.

    I'm wondering if the tags in these blogs who have created posts are being picked up by Technorati.

  • Kim 14.2.08
     

    hi MA
    I'm still not sure how the tags in Technorati work...though I did put quite a few tags in this post ...
    all of my info came from the Sydney Morning Herald ...Breaking News section ...which I found quite comprehensive...