"No Longer"

Wednesday 3 September 2008 6 responses

When clutching my head,
and dragging my knuckles
across the ceramic floor
wasn't enough to escape
your abuse,
I threw myself on concrete
and prayed I would drown
in blood.
Quiet and unnoticed
But even that didn't work.
My body was a painting
of your destructive results,
and my shame and pain
added the final touch.
Because then I was too weak
to spill myself to the ones I love
Because then nothing else mattered
but you
but me
but us.
Now I no longer have the strength
to carry on your burden.
No longer will I risk
everything I have lost
all over again.
I grow sick
looking at these wounds
we have both given me.
And I cry every night
because four years with you
got me a contract with the devil.
I'll rip our hearts apart
and from the scattered pieces
I'll quickly pick up my remains


© luvikavi
I'm a 23 year old college student who has changed majors more times than she has changed her clothes. Writing is my therapy, and I am currently trying to get into the habit of writing at least once everyday. So think of it as my own personal diary. I'll write about anything I find interesting...anything that amuses me. Feel free to leave a comment, I love getting them!
Musings of a Struggling Writer

6 responses: to “ "No Longer" so far...