Clockwork

Thursday 25 September 2008 6 responses

Clockwork sun, and clockwork moon,
You have your paths to take.
And on this earth,
This clockwork earth,
We follow in your wake.

Clockwork life, and clockwork death,
We're built from wood and tears,
Inside these eyes,
These clockwork eyes,
I hide my deepest fears.

Clockwork smile, and clockwork laugh,
I bring all people joy,
But in this place,
This clockwork place,
I'm nothing but a toy.

Clockwork gears, and clockwork spring,
To move is clockwork's will.
But in the end,
That certain end,
All clockwork must stand still.

© Nathan P

Nathan is an aspiring writer of poetry and prose. Currently he is working on a book about the mysteries of this world and the many subtle details and moving moments that people often overlook. Nathan can be contacted through his writing blog: Imagination Manifesto.

6 responses: to “ Clockwork so far...

  • Unknown 4.10.08
     

    Thank you for sharing that lovely poem. I really enjoyed it.

  • Anonymous 7.10.08
     

    It's so refreshing to read traditional styles. I love this poem and the author's unique voice.

  • Anonymous 7.10.08
     

    I really liked the style, it meshed so well with the cyclicle theme. I really found it very well put together. Thanks for posting!

  • NathanKP 8.10.08
     

    Thank you very much for reading my poem. I'm glad that you enjoyed it.

    NathanKP - Imagination Manifesto

  • Anonymous 22.11.08
     

    your a great poet...keep up on writing poems.

  • Bernard J Rossi 19.2.09
     

    Nathan, this is superb. In poetry there are many things that may grab a persons soul and in this one you have imagination and rhythm blended beautifully. Well done and I look forward to seeing more from you. BJR